Arizona Extreme DUI (0.15 to 0.20 BAC) and Super Extreme DUI (0.20+ BAC)
It’s well known that Arizona has the most severe jail time minimums in the nation for a super extreme and extreme DUI. However, few people realize how far reaching and severe the consequences of an extreme DUI or super extreme DUI can be. Even if the jail time can be reduced by dismissal of charges, the MVD penalties, fines, and fees can follow an individual for years.
If you have been charged with an Extreme DUI (under Arizona DUI law ARS 28-1382) or Super Extreme DUI (under Arizona DUI law ARS 28-1382A2) in the Greater Phoenix Area, there’s actually no reason you have to face conviction at all — the Law Office of Daniel Hutto works diligently in helping people just like you get their extreme and super extreme DUI charges dismissed or dramatically reduced, and we do this by crafting an Arizona DUI defense that is based entirely on your unique circumstances and those of no one else.
You Have Rights and We’re Here to Help!
Penalties and Fines Associated with Extreme DUI Charges in Arizona
In the state of Arizona, an extreme DUI is one in which your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level was 0.15% or higher within 2 hours of driving and is considered a class 1 misdemeanor. For both your first and second extreme DUI charges in the state of Arizona, you will face any number of penalties, fines, and fees to the court, including:
- A minimum of 30 days in jail
- A minimum of $250 in fines to the court, with other mandatory assessments and fees that total several thousand dollars
- Alcohol screening and counseling for all convicted DUI offenders
- Up to fiveyears of probation as decided by the judge in your case
- The suspension of your driver’s license (and all driving privileges for a period determined by the MVD in your case)
- The mandatory installation of an ignition interlock system on any motor vehicle(s) you operate for a period of up to 18 months.
However, if this is your second extreme DUI charge in the state of Arizona, the charges, fines, and fees will go up, and you can instead expect the following:
- A minimum of 120 days in jail
- A total in fines and fees to the court of up to $3,740
- Potential for community service up to 30 hours as decided by the judge in your case
- Probation for up to five years
- One year of having your driving privileges and driver’s license revoked
- Mandatory alcohol screening as well as alcohol counseling
- The mandatory installation of an ignition interlock system on any motor vehicle(s) you operate for up to 2 years after license reinstatement
Top Rated Arizona Extreme DUI Lawyers Fight for Your Best Chance of Dismissal
Because we take the time to dive deep and investigate every single aspect of your DUI case, we stand a better chance than most Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, or Phoenix DUI attorneys of getting your extreme DUI charges dismissed. And there’s one other secret to our success… a comprehensive defense that focuses on what happened even before you were contacted by the police.
DUI investigations are unique in that each and every event in the sequence of the offense are important and could yield an issue worthy of a case dismissal or reduced charge.
Questions our defense lawyers will ask such as the following:
- How much did you eat and sleep before being stopped?
- Why were you stopped?
- Did you ask for a lawyer and were refused one?
These are some of the basic questions that need to be asked to ensure your case is properly analyzed.
A Phoenix Super Extreme DUI Attorney Who Cares About Your Future and Will Go the Extra Mile
To make sure that you get the kind of outcome you want after being charged with an extreme or super extreme DUI in or around Phoenix, it is absolutely crucial that you hire an Arizona extreme DUI attorney who has the experience with cases just like yours to ensure that the outcome of your case is one that ends in dismissal or incredibly reduced charges.
Get in touch with the experienced, knowledgeable, and kind staff at the Law Office of Daniel Hutto today. We will work hard to ensure that justice is served on your behalf and that you walk away with an outcome that does not hamper your lifestyle or your ability to get to work, school, or anywhere else you need to be.
Best Rated Phoenix DUI Lawyer for Misdemeanor DUI Charges in Phoenix, Arizona
There’s a lot for you to learn, examine, and understand about Arizona DUI laws if you have been charged with an extreme or super extreme DUI. Defenses related to being in Actual Physical Control of the vehicle occur often as police agencies are arresting individuals for simply being in a car after drinking, not actually driving:
- Determining whether or not you had Actual Physical Control (APC) of the vehicle at the time of your arrest has many critical factors
- Knowing what kind of effect, the time of day could have had on your charge
- Whether or not the vehicle was stopped and/or whether or not the ignition was running
- Whether or not you voluntarily pulled over at the time of the charge making your car a temporary shelter
These are just a few potential factors that can have an impact on your case and are therefore variables that our criminal DUI attorneys will want to discuss with you before determining how they will fight your case in court.
In essence, you need to be as committed to and engaged with the case as we are to ensure the best possible outcome. But, if you are willing to be there along the way and put in the time, there’s a very good chance you can walk away with dramatically reduced charges — or no conviction at all.
To learn more about how we put together a winning Extreme DUI or Super Extreme DUI case in the state of Arizona, give us a call for your completely free legal consultation with an experienced Phoenix extreme DUI attorney today by calling 602.536.7878 and our staff will take all the needed information to get your defense underway.
Some of Our Real Client Reviews
- Daniel Hutto and his team are fantastic. I was in a hard situation when living in Arizona and Daniel worked non stop to gain the best results possible. I appreciate the constant communication and knowing he truly had my best interests and outcome at heart. Thank You Again Daniel. I have already recommended him to anyone looking for legal defense.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Michael O. (Review From Yelp)
- Our family was going through and unfortunate event when we needed an assistance of a lawyer. I contacted Mr Hutto. He was very professional and easy wot work with. Never had an issues of reaching him out, he would return my call in a very timely manner. I was truly impressed. I recommended him to a number of my friends and family, he was very helpful. If you needed a lawyer, he is the one. Thank you Mr Hutto for your help.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lara B. (Review From Yelp)
- Daniel and Shannon are some of the best lawyers out here. I came to them with a very complex and all over the place case. I have called a few other lawyers prior to retaining Daniel and those offices pretty much turned me away. As soon as I told Daniel about my case they acted quickly to assist and made such movement that took me months to do on my own. I truly felt that Shannon and Daniel took my case to heart and their passion about it was amazing. Thank you so much for your help and guidance. If anyone is looking for aggressive but very passionate lawyers you need to stop playing and retain the office of Daniel hutto..⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Anthony Wilson (Review from Google)
- If I could rate this law offie 100 stars I would. Daniel and his staff went above and beyond what they needed to do to help me with my case. They did it with the utmost professionalism and respect. I couldn't have asked for a better law office to represent me. I would highly recommend to anyone who needed an attorney.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Taylor Cochran (Review from Google)
- Tried and proven! I highly recommend Daniel and his team for any international matters that you may need. Daniel is an AMAZING attorney and his professional service was simply awesome. Caring and a very knowledgeable attorney who keeps you involved during the entire process. He gave prompt replies, incredible legal knowledge, displayed a high level of professionalism, clear thorough advice and completed research to find the best winningest option for you! We won...Simply the BEST from start to finish!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Philippa A. (Review from Avvo)
- In what has been the most stressful situation of my entire life, Daniel was there to assist me and get me out of this situation. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without him. He was very attentive to what I wanted, very prompt with his responses. And able to answer all my questions no matter how ridiculous they were. If you need a family lawyer, I highly recommend him. I’m so very grateful.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Anonymous (Review from Avvo)
- Daniel saved my record by getting both DUI charges dropped. He truly connected with me and acted as if the case was happening to him. Daniel fights hard and aggressively in court by using real facts and laws. He made me feel secure and taken care of through his communication, diligence and patience to find every little detail and angle of my case. I felt as if we were a team and in this together. He's talented beyond his knowledge of the court system and laws. He's quick on his toes. I really could not have found a better lawyer. I am forever grateful for his thorough effort and determination to find success. Thank you Daniel!!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Anonymous (Review from Avvo)