Arizona Domestic Violence Defense Lawyers at Your Side
Domestic violence is never an easy topic. It’s difficult to discuss and think about no matter which side of the equation you’re on. There are many misconceptions about domestic violence, not the least of which is that it is defined by gender. Any man or woman can be the victim of domestic violence, and likewise, any man or woman can be accused of domestic violence.
What’s more, you can be accused of domestic violence no matter what the nature of your relationship to someone is, be it that you are their parent, adult child, sibling, grandparent, spouse, or same sex partner. Victims, abusers, and those who are wrongfully accused can be male, female, gay, straight, bisexual, or transgender.
You Have Rights and We’re Here to Help!
When You Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer for Domestic Violence
Charges of domestic violence under Arizona Revise Statute (ARS 13-3601) can be levied against someone for a variety of issues that are often unrelated to violence at all, and can often have roots in other issues, such as child custody disputes, divorce proceedings, or simply as the result of the ending of a relationship in which one party felt they did not get fair treatment.
Regardless of the cause, being charged with domestic abuse is quite serious, and often, those who make such accusations are unaware of exactly how serious such allegations can be for the person whom they have accused.
If you have been accused of domestic violence or spousal abuse, you need to understand that the charges alone do not mean you have been convicted. That said, it’s critical that you have someone who understands the charges and what they can mean for your future on your side, because the penalties and lasting repercussions are serious, and can result in:
- A criminal record
- A jail or prison sentence
- Fines and other fees
- Ineligibility for a variety of jobs
- A loss of certain education opportunities
- Inability to own a firearm
Types of Relationships That Fall Under Allegations of Domestic Violence
Under Arizona’s Revised Statutes that talk about Domestic Violence, there are certain types of relationships between two people that qualify. They are:
- If the Victim and Defendant are married or divorced;
- If the Victim and Defendant presently (or previously) reside in the same household;
- If the Victim and Defendant have a child (or unborn child) together;
- If the Victim and Defendant are related (by blood, marriage, law, or court order);
- If the Victim and Defendant have (or had) a romantic or sexual relationship.
Ultimately, Arizona’s outlook on relationships cover the majority of relationships, by definition. An example of a relationship where domestic violence would not apply would be between two individuals who are simply just friends, or acquaintances and do not reside in the same household.
Because of these definitions of relationships, it can become challenging for the prosecutor to prove the charge. This can work in your defense attorneys’ favor. Speak to your criminal defense attorney today and discuss the details of your case.
Compassionate Arizona Domestic Violence Attorney on Your Side
If you have been charged with domestic violence in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, or any of the surrounding areas, get in touch with the Law Office of Daniel Hutto today. Our team of experienced, knowledgeable, and caring staff will work with you all the way through the process, ensuring the best possible outcome.
Get your free domestic violence defense attorney consultation today by dialing 602.536.7878.
Some of Our Real Client Reviews
- Daniel Hutto and his team are fantastic. I was in a hard situation when living in Arizona and Daniel worked non stop to gain the best results possible. I appreciate the constant communication and knowing he truly had my best interests and outcome at heart. Thank You Again Daniel. I have already recommended him to anyone looking for legal defense.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Michael O. (Review From Yelp)
- Our family was going through and unfortunate event when we needed an assistance of a lawyer. I contacted Mr Hutto. He was very professional and easy to work with. Never had any issues of reaching him out, he would return my call in a very timely manner. I was truly impressed. I recommended him to a number of my friends and family, he was very helpful. If you needed a lawyer, he is the one. Thank you Mr Hutto for your help.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lara B. (Review From Yelp)
- Daniel and Shannon are some of the best lawyers out here. I came to them with a very complex and all over the place case. I have called a few other lawyers prior to retaining Daniel and those offices pretty much turned me away. As soon as I told Daniel about my case they acted quickly to assist and made such movement that took me months to do on my own. I truly felt that Shannon and Daniel took my case to heart and their passion about it was amazing. Thank you so much for your help and guidance. If anyone is looking for aggressive but very passionate lawyers you need to stop playing and retain the office of Daniel hutto..⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Anthony Wilson (Review from Google)
- If I could rate this law office 100 stars I would. Daniel and his staff went above and beyond what they needed to do to help me with my case. They did it with the utmost professionalism and respect. I couldn't have asked for a better law office to represent me. I would highly recommend to anyone who needed an attorney.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Taylor Cochran (Review from Google)
- Tried and proven! I highly recommend Daniel and his team for any international matters that you may need. Daniel is an AMAZING attorney and his professional service was simply awesome. Caring and a very knowledgeable attorney who keeps you involved during the entire process. He gave prompt replies, incredible legal knowledge, displayed a high level of professionalism, clear thorough advice and completed research to find the best winningest option for you! We won...Simply the BEST from start to finish!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Philippa A. (Review from Avvo)
- In what has been the most stressful situation of my entire life, Daniel was there to assist me and get me out of this situation. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without him. He was very attentive to what I wanted, very prompt with his responses. And able to answer all my questions no matter how ridiculous they were. If you need a family lawyer, I highly recommend him. I’m so very grateful.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Anonymous (Review from Avvo)
- Daniel saved my record by getting both DUI charges dropped. He truly connected with me and acted as if the case was happening to him. Daniel fights hard and aggressively in court by using real facts and laws. He made me feel secure and taken care of through his communication, diligence and patience to find every little detail and angle of my case. I felt as if we were a team and in this together. He's talented beyond his knowledge of the court system and laws. He's quick on his toes. I really could not have found a better lawyer. I am forever grateful for his thorough effort and determination to find success. Thank you Daniel!!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Anonymous (Review from Avvo)